What Industry(s) Do You Serve?
From our FAQ with a little more detail: While we do have a few favorite industries, we cover a broad spectrum and love expanding. We serve in the transportation industry — from massive tractors, to automotive, to bicycles. We also do a lot in the artistic expression and design industries — converting sketches into artistic / decorative castings or molded parts or toys.
Along with the artistic is the broad spectrum of Consumer Products — including Molded Plastic, Housings, and some Industrial Design. Finally, we can’t forget Machine Design, especially Custom Machines, Jigs, Fixtures for manufacturing or related processes in production environments.
Who Do We Serve?
Here are some of the customers benefiting from our work. As you can see, they span a lot of different industries. There are a lot here, yet that is after more than 20 years. And, that’s, of course, not nearly all.
We Are Not Industry Constrained
Some engineering firms focus in a specialized industry or distinct portion of an industry. While we recognize and esteem the value of highly specialized skills and thinking, the Synthesis paradigm is different. We bring innovative thinking over the traditional boundaries to cross-pollinate in many industries — bringing all to a higher level. This is our forte in the context of inventive product development.
For specialized services that we do not have in house, Our Team expands to bring in the needed expertise. Our services are not limited to a particular industry, rather we choose to be constrained more by types or tasks within engineering — namely Product Development, Engineering Design and Innovation. Sometimes in a Consulting role and sometimes more integrated.
Product development fits a lot of different categories. First, it most often associates with new industrial or consumer products. Secondly, it is products that make products, like custom manufacturing machines, fixtures, and jigs, that help in production. Finally, product development includes consulting in engineering areas like product design, analysis, and forensics (failure analysis). Innovative thinking is an asset for all of these areas, for sure, and this is what we do.
Where We Like To ‘Play’
Of course we work in many areas, but we do have our favorites. These are a few industries where it’s our privilege to focus, and where we love to work.
- The Bicycle Industry, first, where we have done a ton of work for companies like RockShox, Spinner, TRP, WickWerks, etc. And this really expands to all the Outdoor Industry.
- The Toy Industry in general, and specifically, portions of the toy industry where the toys perform (like remote control, flight, and other functional toys).
- Consumer Products of all sorts, sizes and functions. We’ve helped with Shoes, GPS, Tools, Furniture, Gadgets, Bottles, Packaging, and a host of other products. From concept through all the steps and into production. (We don’t do production or manufacturing, but we’ll help you get your product there.)
- The Custom Trailers Industry, where we design trailers for unique applications, as well as our own series of DIY Trailer Plans. Catch the Engineering Case Study for designing a compound torsion axle and walking beam suspension for smaller trailers — Part 1, and Part 2. Then, see the Case Study for engineering Tiny House Trailer Plans.
- Manufacturing, specifically for areas of molding, roto-molding, assembly and custom machines. Synthesis has helped a lot of manufacturing facilities make better parts faster and more accurate. This is also true for processing facilities where custom machines can speed up lots of different work.
Industry Independent Focus
Perhaps more important, there are several focus areas where we excel.
- We love projects where Creativity and Innovation shine. We are known for creatively solving unique problems through inventing solutions for customers. While this may feel a bit like bragging, or it might sound trite, we invite you to look. Please visit the Patents List and Slide Show to see. We walk the talk when it comes to creatively finding solutions.
- Complex Geometry CAD. Out of need or natural propensity, we have learned to create and work with obnoxious shapes and Complex CAD that other freelancers pass on. It’s not because we’re so amazing with CAD, it’s more because we’re stubborn enough to find ways to get the desired result.
Does any of this resonate with your goals? Here’s how to get a good Engineering Quote if you need one.
Do We Serve Your Industry?
Over the years we’ve done a lot in a broad spectrum of industries — from Military to Medical — from Toys to Technology — from Bicycles to Bulldozers — from Micro to Majestic. I am always amazed at the depth and breadth of what there is to see, to learn, and to contribute. Yet, in all that, our job in any industry, is creating and innovating to meet our customer’s need.
The best way to know if we are able to help with your project, is of course, to Call Us. Perhaps our skills and experience can help you too?
Now you know this is Who We Are. Synthesis is your resource for innovative Engineering & Design Services. It’s product development in all its forms, and almost every industry.